I made this for dinner the other night and the kids just couldn't get enough! They are VERY picky eaters, so this must be good! Try it, you'll like it!
Fettuccine Alfredo
* 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
* 6 tablespoons butter
* 2 cups heavy Whipping cream (I used half & half with about 1/4 cup flour)
* 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, (shredded works better than grated, but you can use grated)
* 1/2 cup shredded or grated Romano cheese
* 2 egg yokes, lightly beaten
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
* 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
* 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, DON'T leave this out! (I think it makes the whole thing work)
Boil fettuccine noodles, set aside. In a saucepan melt butter over med-low heat. Stir in cream, Parmesan and Romano cheeses, egg yokes, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook and stir over med-low heat until it is almost to a boil...DO NOT LET IT BOIL! Drain fettuccine noodles, top with Alfredo sauce and extra cheese.
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment