
This soup blends the flavors of potatoes, Kale (its a green leafy veggie found by the lettuce), and Italian sausage in a slightly spicy chicken & cream broth.
5 1/2 cups chicken stock or broth
1/2 cup heavy cream (evaporated milk can be used in place of cream)
4 cups chopped kale
2 medium Russet potatoes
1 lb spicy Italian sausage
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (I leave these out, too spicy for the kids)
*Saute sausage. In a sauce pan combine cream and broth over med heat. Slice potato into 1/4 inch slices, the quarter the slices and add to the soup along with the sausage and kale. Add spices, and let simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. (Do not let it boil, the cream will curdle.)
Top with shredded Parmesan cheese. Makes about 4 servings as a main dish.
3 comments:
YUMMMM....I AM SO MAKING THAT SOON!!
We make this often.. We add the cream at the end... Tasty...
I make this a lot too, and also add the cream at the end. I also made this for Jared's dad on Father's Day. It's family Favorite!
Post a Comment