Friday, September 14, 2012
Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
Fresh Spaghetti Sauce
*saute in olive oil fresh garlic & caramelize onion before adding meat*
1 lb hamburger browned in a pot
1 yellow onion
add:
2 cans of stewed tomatoes or diced tomatoes and 1 can tomato sauce
or
8-10 fresh tomatoes (boil & peel the skins and then I pureed the tomato's in my vitamix) plus 1 can tomato paste
4-5 cubes bouillon ( beef is best, I used Better than Bouillon)
about 1 tablespoon salt
garlic (4 cloves)
dash of lemon juice (couple of tablespoons)
sugar or stevia (a couple tablespoons)
Italian seasoning (thyme, garlic, marjoram, onion, rosemary, oregano, basil, savory and sage)
(McCormick Tuscan Italian seasoning) a couple of tablespoons and maybe more
bring to a boil, cover when its the right thickness cover and simmer.
To keep it HCG friendly- I make sure to use Stevia in place of sugar, and I just leave out the noodles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment